Today being Mother's Day, I am highlighting Teen Mother Choices International, an organization that equips churches, organizations and individuals to minister to the needs of teenage mothers in their community.
A few compelling facts from their website:
- "Every year in America, 465,600 teenage girls will give birth and choose to parent their children.
- 66% will not finish high school
- 80% of all women currently on welfare assistance started receiving assistance when they were teen mothers.
- The US government spends between 9 billion and 11 billion dollars annually on households headed up by teen mothers."
Please take a few minutes this Mother's Day and take one or more of the following actions:
- Pray for the work of Teen Mother Choices International and all the groups it trains and has trained.
- Like them on Facebook
- Follow them on Twitter
- Read their blog