For details of the case from Wikipedia, please click here.
To stay abreast of the latest updates, go to www.facebook.com/SaveSaeed. Please "Like" this page.
In addition to liking the above Facebook page and praying regularly for his release, please take at least one of these additional five actions to help free Pastor Abedini:
- Sign the ACLJ petition on his behalf
- Email President Obama and ask him to pressure Iran for his release
- Call the U.S. State Department's Public Information Line at (202) 647-6575, option #8. Record a message encouraging Secretary of State John Kerry to ask Iran to release Pastor Saeed Abedini as a goodwill gesture as the U.S. interacts with Iran. Keep it simple and to the point, as the recording does not leave you much time.
- Email Iranian President Rouhani at email@example.com requesting the release of Saeed Abedini.
- Email Iran's Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting his release.
In your communication with Iranian officials, you may want to quote the United Nation's Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which states in Article 18:
"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance."